Thursday 17 July 2014

Setbacks: Have You Seen My Evil Sidekick?

My evil sidekick (MES for short) decided to escape today. The tumor wasn't happy hanging out in my foot, it wanted to get out and see the world. Think of it like an iceberg; (except mine is red and bloody) a peanut sized portion of the tumor is above skin, while the avocado pit sized part stayed underground.
Doctors tend to be concerned that MES has been growing and bleeding for the past three days.
Today I was rushed in to see my surgeon, and in a whirlwind found myself in a hospital gown, awaiting the ending of the tumor's field-trip. An hour later, I woke up to the news that my evil sidekick's plans for foot domination have been thwarted, with the help of five stitches. Oh, and crutches are definitely still in the picture; they're not leaving my side anytime soon.
It's a setback. For some reason, God thinks I need to be off my feet this summer.
Rays of sunshine today:
A dear friend coming to get me from the hospital. Apparently, I'm hilarious when waking up from sedation
Watching superhero movies with my sis, because really, what else are you supposed to do when you're not allowed to walk?
Being fitted for a knee crutch! I look like a pirate. Seriously, all I need is a parrot and an eye patch.
Stay tuned for an extraordinarily exciting announcement!  

No comments:

Post a Comment